Monday, December 21, 2009

NEVER ENDING CHRISTMAS

KNOCK KNOCK
“Who is it?”
“Fed Ex.”
I opened the door thinking the package had to be for my neighbor. I wasn’t expecting anything.
But no, the package was addressed to me.
Huh?
Wonder what it could be?
I signed whatever that machine is called that Fed Ex and UPS use, thanked the guy, and then took the package inside.
Wow! Who sent me something?
The address was North Carolina.
Hmm? I don’t know anyone there.
I got a steak knife and cut through the tape and opened the box.
Then I cut through inches of bubble wrap.
Whatever was in the box must be fragile.
Maybe a vase?
Who knows? But whatever was in the box . . .
I COULDN’T WAIT TO SEE IT!
And then . . .
Finally the bubble wrap was off and . . .
Huh?
Oh.
Yeah.
The herbal supplement I ordered on-line the other day.
Silly me.
I was disappointed at first . . .
But then I realized . . .
Yikes!
I just had a STMLE!  A Short Term Memory Loss Episode!
Just as I was going to feel nervous that Alzheimer’s might be 
setting in . . .
I realized something else . . .
Even though I just had a STMLE . . .
I had lots of fun anticipating what was in the box and who might have sent me a gift.
And because I order lots of stuff on the Internet and from catalogs . . .
And because I’m probably going to continue to have STMLE’s . . .
Short term memory loss doesn’t have to be scary!
It can be like Christmas all year long.
YEAH!

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: