Monday, December 14, 2009

SIMPLY THE BEST

Sometimes it’s the smallest or simplest thing that can make me happy.
I, like everyone else, feel the stresses of the upcoming holidays . . .
The shopping . . .
The Christmas cards . . .
The decorating . . .
The baking . . .
The holiday get-togethers . . .
The wrapping . . .
The cleaning . . .
And if doing all of the above wasn’t stressful enough . . .
Just thinking about all of the above can be stressful too.
So, as I’m driving around town to all the stores . . .
I appreciate the radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7.
I can always count on a good song to make me feel good.
Some more than others.
Sorry, I still can’t get in the swing of Elvis’ “Blue Christmas.”
Or, “I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas” sung by that strange sounding little girl.
I love anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Mannheim Steamroller.

And I never get tired of hearing Paul McCartney’s “Wonderful Christmastime.”
But my most favorite one of all . . .
Is Bruce Springsteen’s  “Santa Clause Is Coming To Town.”
And it's not even the music or lyrics that I'm listening for.
It’s Bruce’s laughter at the end . . .
That spontaneous outburst that he tries to contain.
It's just so real!
And even though his little outburst of laughter only lasts a few seconds.
Those few seconds . . .
Make me smile . . .
Every time.
 :)
Always Em-Musing

No comments: