Thursday, March 11, 2010

IMP POSSIBLE

I wonder if the electronic world …
Has “off” days?
Or “bad” days?
Or, “I’ll sabotage everything the writer is working on, ha, ha, ha!” days?
Yesterday was one of those days.
Everything I formatted …
Wouldn’t stay formatted!
Especially for this blog.
My fonts wouldn’t stay fonted!
My spacing would stay spaced.
Every time I previewed my blog…
It looked great!
Then …
I would hit “publish” and check it out and–
Arrrgghh!
It looked crazy!
Then I tried to print an envelope to send out a query…
Using the same printer…
The same format…
And the same type of envelope as I always do.
But yesterday, my printer decided to print anywhere it wanted to on the envelope!
My return address was way off the top.
The delivery address was way at the bottom.
Arrrgghh!
I wasted half a box of pricey envelopes.
Finally, I got one I could use.
I checked the spelling and address of the agent…
I folded the letter…
I…
GOT BUTTER ON THE ENVELOPE!
ARRRGGHH!
For heaven’s sake!
Why did the fork sitting on the plate on my desk…
Just jump off the plate and onto my one clean perfect envelope?
Yes, I probably shouldn’t have had my plate sitting on my desk.
And Julia...
Though most things go better with butter...
I don't believe query letters do.
But I do believe that besides the electronic world having "off" days…
There are also electronic imps.
Or maybe even butter imps.
Or “I’ll sabotage everything the writer is working on, ha, ha, ha!” imps.
So this morning as I'm writing this blog…
I'd better go before the "spill coffee on the laptop" imp…
Or the "delete everything on the writer's hard drive" imp…
Or the "I'll sabotage whatever it takes so the writer can't meet her writer friends for coffee ha, ha, ha!" imp …
Shows up.
See ya!


Always, Em-Musing

No comments: