Tuesday, April 20, 2010

HEAD TRIP

I wish I could blow my ears like I do my nose.
Or my ears could cough like my mouth.
Trust me…
You do not want to travel by plane with a head cold!
I would have paid big money to anyone with a Q-tip…
A twizzler…
A straw…
Or a pair of chopsticks.
The flight started out OK.
But about a hundred miles before Philadelphia…
The plane descended to a lower altitude…
And maintained it until the final approach.
Dear God!
What was happening in my head?
The pressure!
The pain!
And worst of all…
The incessant itching!
And as an added bonus…
My ears were plugged for the rest of the day.
Happened again on the flight home too.
So I really wish…
I could blow my ears…
Or my ears could cough up…
Whatever fluid from hell is trapped between them…
That won't drain, get absorbed, or dissipate away!

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: