Monday, June 7, 2010

CLOWNING AROUND

When I was younger…
Much younger…
I loved cowboys…
Particularly Clint Eastwood in Rawhide.
Then I grew up…
And over wanting a cowboy.
But then just the other day…
I was clicking through the TV channels…
And came upon bull riding…
And all those brave cowboys…
Trying to hang on to a raging bull.
And then it dawned on me…
Cowboys? Brave?
All they’re doing is hanging on.
It’ the clowns that are brave.
They’re the ones…
Every time a cowboy is bucked off a bull…
They put their life on the line…
Running interference…
Trying to divert the bull’s attention
Potentially getting gored and trampled on…
Just to protect the cowboy.
That’s bravery!
And that’s when I realized…
I need a clown!
Not a circus clown…
But one of these rodeo clowns…
To run interference…
In my life!
So when my emotions get bucked off
(Like recently getting more rejection letters from agents)
Or sad circumstances stampede my way…
(Someone's illness)
I need a clown to run interference…
Divert all the bull that life tramples me with…
And save me.
So Judy
Go ahead
It's time
To send in a clown
Now!

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: