Friday, August 13, 2010

WHY "ME"

In my world…
Computers could never be hacked…
So no one could steal my identity
And all I would ever need is…
One user name and…
One password for…
EVERYTHING!
On all…
Accounts…
Companies…
Websites…
There would only be one “me.”
The other day…
All I wanted to do was buy face cream…
But first I had to “Sign Up” now.
I didn’t want to “Sign Up” now…
I just want to buy the darn cream now!
Then I saw the prompt: “Already a member?”…
Then “Sign In” now.
Cripes!
I couldn’t remember. Was I already a member?
So I had to find my “User I.D. and Password” book…
And see if this company was in the User I.D. and Password” book.
OK, it was and there were my User I.D. and password
A.K.A. “me.
I then entered “me.”
Phew! I was remembered.
But then…
When I entered my credit card info…
I got this prompt
Invalid First Name For Shipping Address
Invalid Last Name For Shipping Address
Invalid Shipping Address 1
Invalid City For Shipping Address
Invalid Postal Code for Shipping Address
Invalid Ship Country
Really?
This is too much work to buy some darn face cream!
So, you know what?
I decided to just drive over to the Ulta store…
And buy the face cream the old fashioned way.
Hopefully, they won’t have a problem
Remembering how to take money…
From “me.

Always, Em-Musing

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I know! Sometimes with all the hoops you have to go thru, it is easier to just drive to the store. LOL

Patrice Kavanaugh said...

Good for you for defying technology and getting what you want the "old-fashioned" way! I have created a password for all the annoying sites I go to (and expect to only visit every now and again) and would repeat it here--it's not profane, but it expresses my feelings about this internet-age activity--but then I'd have to stop using it--in case anyone wanted to impersonate me...and start buying up face cream! Patrice

Tana said...

LOL! I love online shopping and it can be a very big pain, but oh the joys of delivery day. ;)