Wednesday, October 13, 2010

INSULT TO INJURY

Believe me when I tell you…
SNAP
That old age doesn’t creep up on you…
CRACKLE
You’ll hear it years…
POP
Before it hits…
Like just the other night…
I was eating a tortilla when…
CRUNCH
What the heck could be hard in a tortilli–
AH!
My tooth!
Or part of it.
“Could be an old hairline fracture,” the dentist said…
Caused by an old mercury filling.”
"Oh?"
“Or it could be that you’re teeth are getting old.”
“Er.”
“What?” he asked.
“Older.”  I then grinned, showing my older teeth…
He got the message…
And three days later…
I got a root canal and left his office…
With my gums numb…
But not my sensitivities…
Because now I have yet one more body part…
To worry about…
How to keep looking young.
Help!
Is there a anti-aging cream for teeth?

Always, Em-Musing 

2 comments:

Tana said...

Ugh. I have an almost and perhaps very real root canal being done tomorrow on the back of my mouth. That area never responds well to novacain. OUch!

Jill Kemerer said...

I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and I'm already nervous. I hate the dentist!!