Monday, October 25, 2010

KEYBOARDING

I think my keyboard…
Is an enigma.
Either that…
Or I need to use the Enigma…
(decoding machine)
To figure out what the heck happens…
When certain keys are randomly hit.
Take yesterday for example…
I had planned to organize all of my document folders.
(yeah, I lead such an exciting life)
It’s amazing how much junk I’ve saved over the years.
After methodically, deleting some, renaming others…
And putting a few into folders…
I decided to update a spreadsheet…
On agents I’m querying.
I remember how excited I was…
To create this spreadsheet…
It took hours to gather all my query info and enter it.
The bad part about setting up a spreadsheet like that is…
I got to see all the rejects again.
So there in “my documents”…
Was the Works icon for my spreadsheet …
I hi-lited it and
AGH!
My pinky went rogue, hitting some key and
POOF!
Spreadsheet gone!
Immediately I checked the “recycle” bin…
Nada.
I then did a “search” and “find”…
Nada.
Aw! All those hours setting it upwasted!
Well, not one to let something like this stymie my day I thought
Fine! I’ll edit the manuscript I’m working on.
So, with that document open I thought…
Hmm, I don't like my “paragraph” setting, think I'll go into "format" and–
AGH!
All  my paragraph indents were suddenly…
GONE!
I don’t know which finger to blame for this act of sabotage…
But today…
As I cursor down through every line of the entire manuscript…
And manually put back in all the indents…
I’m going to be on “pinkie alert”…
Just in case this little finger
Decides to go keyboarding out of control again.

Always, Em-Musing 

3 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ack!! That's terrible!
You better get that pinkie under control, woman! LOL

Tana said...

Oh No! I've done goofy things like that before and I totally blame my keyboard! LOL!

Connie Arnold said...

I can certainly relate to that! Thanks for the entertaining post, and hope you don't have anymore pinkie mishaps!