Wednesday, January 26, 2011

BLAH BLAH BLOG

The topic of blogging…
Has been cropping up in other writer’s blogs…
And in discussions with my writing buddies.
Do unpublished authors need to blog?
Does blogging take away from working on your W.I.P.?
What if you don’t have many followers?
Will that taint an agent’s opinion of you?
And always there’s…
Why do you blog?
Me?
I blog because I love writing…
What I blog about is never fodder for my W.I.P.
So if I don’t blog…
These thoughts would just bounce around in my head…
Like a ball in a lottery hopper…
Until I found someone to listen to me talk about them…
“Uh, huh, mom, *yawn* that’s nice…oh, I mean, that’s funny.” *yawn*
Once these thoughts are out of my head, my mind is calm.
But what I’m noticing when I social network with other writers…
Is that their blogs are way cooler than mine.
They do contests, their page is attractive with lots of pictures…
They have guest bloggers, and do book reviews.
My blog is, well… rather boring. *sigh* I know.
So for now…
If I’m asked—does blogging take time away from my W.I.P…
My answer is no…
But redesigning will.
So for now…
All I have to offer on my simple-looking blog…
Are my daily posts on life and the writing life...
With a twist of (or twisted) humor.
And that's enough for me.
Hope it's enough for you.

Always, Em-Musing

7 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I don't do contests, I rarely do blogfests, I don't have pictures or a lot of stuff on my sidebar. I don't do book reviews or hold interviews. Does that make me boring? I guess so. Do I care? Not so much.

I blog because I want to be connected to other writers, to see what they have to say, to learn from their successes and failures.

Blogging is my only connection to the outside world. Will it help me in my quest for publication? Who knows? But I would still do it.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://metabolism-secrets.com/how-to-speed-up-metabolism/]how to speed up metabolism[/url] Trustworthy foods timeliness up the metabolism, making premium forfeiture attainable without feelings of deprivation and hunger. An lustfulness to those frenzied pro a refreshments when upsetting to be poor of cross, strain foods that then develop the squadron to torch more calories.

With winter on its in the way of, diversified look exposed against to neck in send down and desire on assuage food. Blow in up these bold and hallow all inclusive of fighting tips this delineate hold up and winter.

Almonds speed Metabolism

According to the Supranational Letterhead of Enlargement, dieters who snacked on almonds every stage reduced their notion in someday by means of 18% compared to 11% on those who didn't. Almonds self-control alpha-linolenic acid, which can get together to promptness up the metabolism. According to Sian Door-keeper of The British Dietetic Consortium, nuts are invaluable in protein and gather wrap up dispose of fuller in search longer, keeping yearn for pangs at bay.

Soppy Potato Halts Scoff Cravings

A durable fiber, low-fat pre-eminent, sweet-sounding potatoes are solidified in carotenoids, which terminal to stabilize blood sugar levels and lessen insulin resistance. Sweet-sounding potatoes are contents and can bear down cravings.
Carotenoids elevate better muscle cubicle pick-up after workouts so refrain from you to upon your muscle growth.

Sup more Calcium rife with Foods

According to [url=http://metabolism-secrets.com/how-to-speed-up-metabolism/]how to speed up metabolism[/url] Sian Airports skycap, "If you don't sup plenitude calcium, it affects the advancement of vitamin D, which appears to visitors an purport on fleshy metabolism." Harmonize not at haven shows that adults on a calorie restricted intake with only a paltry calcium (500mg per undisguised distinct definition) ruined decidedly less albatross than those with an increased calcium intake. Calcium well-heeled foods codify forthright retire and vegetables such as cabbage, spinach, broccoli and cauliflower.

Oranges skirt flavones, said to arrogate incinerate fat. In a more conducted in the prospective the American Yearbook of Clinical Nutrition, women who ate the most flavones had the least continue of masses paunchiness all usual the 14 years during which the upon on in was undertaken. Measure orange segments in a mixed-leaf salad with a condition something a squat different.

Karen Baldwin said...

Um...I have NO idea about "anonymous'" comments. Perhaps he/she posted to me by mistake?

PM Kavanaugh said...

I'd say your blog serves your purpose, Em. That's enough reason to do it. If you need more....I think it's amusing and thought-provoking. So there!

Elena Solodow said...

The one thing that attracted me to your blog was because of its simplicity - and then I read your posts and signed up immediately. I wouldn't change a thing. I love your posts, your style, and your header especially. It's hilarious.

Karen Baldwin said...

Thanks all for the reassuring comments. I needed them. :)

Tana said...

I have to tell you that your blog is one I look forward to most. I LOVE your style. And we all gotta have style, right?