Thursday, May 5, 2011

COME PLAY WITH ME

While researching “something” not long ago…
I came upon this quote from Eugene O’Neil:
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our time
searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."  
It struck me as the epitome of man’s eternal inner struggle.
I thought about it for a long time…
And I’m still thinking about it.
And of course, since then I’ve researched Mr. O’Neil…
Who, as I'm sure you're aware...
Was both a Pulitzer and Nobel a Prize winning dramatist…
And who, like the Greeks…
Incorporated the most tragic  aspects of life Into his plays.
Me, on the other hand (or mask)…
I like to think of myself as a humorist…
My take is that life gives you enough of the tragedy…
I’d rather not dwell upon it or write about it…
But even being a humourist I still have to agree with Mr. O’Neil…
I am obsessed by a fairy tale…
I am searching for a magic door…
And a lost kingdom of peace.
I do feel though that I am close, very close.
(dear God! I hope I’m sensing death!)
And of course, all this thinking about tragedy & comedy & plays...
Got me thinking about Mr. Shakespeare...
(yes, my mind does wander)
And his famous line from As You Like It
“All the worlds a stage and all the men and women merely players.”
And so I’m wondering…
Are you obsessed with a fairy tale?
And what kind of player are you?
And does your writing reflect that?

Always, Em-Musing

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Intriguing! I love it when this happens. It really does stir the imagination. Am I obsessed with a fairy tale? Not now, but I do have a wonderful novel a-brewing now! I guess I better go feed my muse before she fizzles out, hu? ;)

YA Paranormal Romance Darkspell coming soon!

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
www.authorelizabethmueller.com
facebook
Twitter
Goodreads