Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MORE HELP


Big headline yesterday…
Regarding author, Kathryn Stockett…
Judge throws out suite against
‘The Help’ author
Seems a woman is suing Ms. Stockett ...
Because she feels the author used her name...
And likeness. without permission.
But...
The bigger headline for me regarding Kathryn Stockett…
Was the one I saw while sitting in my gyno’s office…
Trying to get my mind off of the annual poke and prod.
I had picked up the May issue of More magazine…
And saw this headline:
Kathryn Stockett’s ‘The Help’
Turned Down 60 Times Before
Becoming a Best Seller
Wow!  60 times rejected!
That gives me motivation…
That gives me no reason to put off any longer…
Sending out my more submissions!
And that did get my mind off of...
The annual poke and prod.
So?
Any author's journey to publication...
Get you motivated?
And/or...
Have your read or seen THE HELP?

Always, Em-Musing

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I think a lot of people were inspired by that article! Glad to hear you were, too. Good luck!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I would hope it gets others motivated rather than green with envy. It happens to anyone who won't give up. :) Good luck!


♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?
YA Paranormal Romance, Darkspell coming fall of 2011!