Friday, November 25, 2011

GIVE ME SOME TONGUE

I can’t!
It feels too weird!
Like I’m doing something naughty with my tongue…
That should be done in private with someone else.
I’m talking about speaking Spanish.
Every time I say words that need more tongue involvement...
I feel like I my tongue is being naughty...
And should stay inside my mouth.
But then, everyone else’s tongue who speaks Spanish…
Is doing the same thing.
So why does my tongue feel this way?
Maybe my tongue has been imprisoned by my teeth so long…
It’s afraid of getting in trouble if I stick it out?
And weren’t we all told as kids not to stick our tongues out?
Maybe I have a repressed tongue?
Maybe my tongue needs therapy…
To overcome the trauma of being scolded?
Maybe…
breathe
I just need to keep practicing…
In front of the mirror…
Because maybe…
My tongue doesn’t look as naughty as it feels?
Maybe.


Always, Em-Musing

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL. A repressed tongue - love it. :)

farawayeyes said...

Every tongue/body needs a little naughty now and then.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Spanish is quite easy once you know how to tame that tongue of yours!