Wednesday, February 29, 2012

WRITING STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART

“Dear Diary”…
Immediately when you see this you know…
Someone’s going to write what’s in their heart...
There’ll be no critique of content….
Or editing out the raw stuff…
Because no one is meant to read it.
But lately…
When I visit the blogosphere…
Alfie
The “what’s it all about” song…
Keeps looping in my head…
And I question myself…
What’s my blog all about?
Because the content in this forum...
Is meant to be read.
And the only reason I’m even wondering is…
As I submit to agents…
And give them the link to my blog…
I wonder...
What will they think?..
(If they actually do check my link out.)
I mean, in the future...
When i DO get an agent...
I DO plan on having a web-site…
Geared towards readers of my books.
But for now…
My blog serves my purpose…
Yet now I wonder…
Is my blog good enough?
Should it be more...
Than just a "Dear Bloggie" kinda blog?
So?
How did you decide on your blog’s content?

Always, Em-Musing

5 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

I kind of fell into the whole ocean theme, and started the blog by telling the story of how I was displaced, and now had nothing to do but write, so here I was.

And that's how I started my blog.

Karen Baldwin said...

...and I LOve your blog, Anne. Always interesting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leigh. I'll leave the advice aspect to those who are in a similar position as you find yourself. As a follower of blogs - the ones I find most appealing and meaningful - are the ones which are written from the heart. It would be a tragedy if writing from the heart (on a blog, etc.) was seen as an impediment to an author's opportunities of becoming commercially successful. You may say I'm a dreamer..........Best wishes.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I guess I just blogged about what I enjoyed and didn't worry about it.

farawayeyes said...

Does my blog look/sound like I decide on it's content? Most days it looks/sounds like I suffer from some delusion.

I think I even blogged somewhere "Dear Prospective Agent: Please don't judge me by my time on the couch."