Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'D LIKE TO THANK...

Wow!
Thank you Maurice Mitchell.
This talented man (check out his blog)
Is a new follower of mine, by way of…
Well, I don’t know how you found me…
But you did …
Has awarded me this award.
That’s the good news.
The sad news is…
Because I didn’t use a Blogger template…
I cannot put fun things like this award…
Permanently in my blog.

What’s that saying from Hamlet? 
"To thine own self be true"
And mostly I have…
But more than once, being true…
Whether its my blog or life...
Has had its consequences.
(some I’m still paying for)
So?
Has being true to yourself ever had consequences…
In your writing? Your life? Your relationships?

Always, Em-Musing

12 comments:

farawayeyes said...

Are you kidding me?

Barbara Watson said...

Could you load the image as picture in your right margin? Just a thought.

There are endless consequences for being true to one's self. And most times I'm okay with that.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Congratulations (I think). Now that I know you like these, I'll dump every chain letter award on you so that you can celebrate.

Pat Hatt said...

Yeah being true to yourself comes with consequences at times, but oh well better than faking it and being miserable.

Congrats on the award.

DL Hammons said...

Congrats Em! :)

Karen Baldwin said...

Michael! Don't you dare! This one came with no action involved. I didn't have to find 15 others to give the award to.

Huntress said...

Congrats on your award!

My actions have consequences, good and bad. It can be sublime like letting the laundry pile up while I write. Or babysitting rather than writing.

I love the consequences my characters face in my storytelling as well. Got to have conflict :)

Carol Kilgore said...

Congrats on the award. Too bad you can't keep it permanently. But good you're savvy enough not to use a Blogger template. I like mine, but I wish I knew more.

M Pax said...

Maurice is awesome & so is the Geek Twins.

Yes. Sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut.

Hart Johnson said...

Hey, congratulations on your award! I am always true to myself and it seems the worst consequence is some people don't like me as I am, but I find mostly those are shallow, superficial people, so it has actually paid off.

Paula Martin said...

Interesting post which made me realise that sometimes you have to 'fake' it. As a teacher I had to do this, especially if I was feeling unhappy or angry about something, but had to hide those feelings in front of my classes.

Intangible Hearts said...

Wow, that's a loaded question. Congratulations on the award. Your versatility is wonderful!