Wednesday, June 20, 2012

SUMMER SOLSTICE


Tonight, at 6:09 P.M., Central time zone...
(at least here where I am in Mexico)
Is the summer solstice.
My good friend Donnala...
A Shamatic Sound Healer and Reiki Master...
Gives her perspective: 

The solstice is on the heals of the new moon this June.... it is the longest day of the year.... the time the sun makes its furthest reach north before turning to the south again.... or is it the earth that turns in this eternal dance? 
For me, it is a definitive time of cutting away the past.... cutting away all the negative frequencies that no longer serve....   all of the things that have brought you this far north in your life...  and focus totally and positively what you are birthing, bringing into creation. 

For me, it is making a commitment to the new future.... honoring the part in which we are each co creators of that future.... the future is not up to chance, nor the gods, nor the powers that be.... each of us has the ability to create our own future - within the realms of reason and within the realms of magic.... especially when we step out of our comfort zones. 

So what to do?  How to celebrate this day?  let go of all that has brought you to this point that no longer serves you... maybe identify those things by writing them down on a piece of paper and burn it, bury it or let it drown in the ocean, river lake or stream....   And then define, write down or draw a picture if the words are not enough to express what you need to express...  what your ideal future looks like, feels like, sounds like...  and dedicate yourself to your vision.  sound good?

You might want to keep the piece you have created for your new vision until the next solstice in the winter when the sun reaches its southernmost point.  That way you can refer back to it and let it help you keep on track....


So what are you doing this solstice night?
Or if you're reading this in the A.M...
Did you do anything special?
 
Always, Em-Musing



14 comments:

EvalinaMaria said...

What I'm doing tonight? I'm creating my own luck! The sun doesn't go down here, just hangs little below horizon (I live on the very far north, north of 60). I am a cancer and now sun is in my home.

dolorah said...

Oh, I didn't realize it was the solstice. Thanks for sharing your inspiration and thoughts. I did nothing special today, but nothing entirely out of the ordinary happened either; so I guess you could say my day was in balance. I like those days when everything is predictable and the world makes perfect sense.

Some people call that boring; I call it a good day to live in the moment.

.......dhole

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Letting go sounds good.
Crap, I watched a bad movie last night. Should've let that one go.

Barbara Watson said...

One of my favorite nights of the year! Living as far north as I do, I pretty much just enjoy the lingering daylight which lasts long into the night.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Last solstice night (yesterday) I was thinking at some point how cool it would be to lounge around in Mexico never having to worry about cold again. Some day! I shall join you in Mexico! We could talk about writing. How cool would that be?

But yes, I do see the importance of recognizing when to cut things loose in your life. The summer solstice seems as good a time as any to do so.

For me, I started a whole weight loss thing. And I'm really trying to stick to it. I'm tired of being tired...if that makes any sense. Maybe this time of year can infuse me with some physical healing and help me out.

Anonymous said...

Went to a graduation ceremony for new colleagues.

Intangible Hearts said...

My future has doggy doo. Great to know more about the summer solstice. Thanks.

Julie Dao said...

I spent the summer solstice trying to keep cool, since it was 100 degrees! I also got some querying done, so at least I did a little work :) Hopefully the magic and the beauty surrounding the solstice will bring me luck!

Lydia Kang said...

I'm going to think about the summer solstice and the earth and sun and give some earth-mom thanks, as I often forget all about it.

Elana Johnson said...

Man, I've missed the longest day of the year! I will have to make some goals to achieve between now and that dark, cold winter that's coming.

DL Hammons said...

I'm with Julie...why did the longest day of the year have to be one of the hottest? Come on Fall!!! :)

Shay Lacy said...

Leigh: please tell your friend that was beautiful. I love the thought that we can create our own future. I spent the solstice night filling out forms for my new publisher--MY new future.

Mis Anthropy said...

It always makes me think the days will begin to get shorter as we inch closer to winter.

Writer Pat Newcombe said...

Nothing specail for me but i do note it as the longest daylight hours for us and feel sad that we are now on the downside to short winter nights!!!