Friday, November 16, 2012

SUCH A KID!


Published!
No, not me…
My 9-year-old granddaughter.
I’m thrilled!
She competed in a city-wide contest…
For a short story starting with…
‘It was a dark and stormy night…”
That the city paper initiated.
Many kids entered…
But out of all of those…
In her age category…
Hers was chosen.
Here it is:
It was a dark and stormy night. My dog was
hiding under the couch, whimpering and crying.
I lay in my room, not knowing what to do and very
scared.
I heard something in my closet. I opened it not
knowing what to do if a ghost popped out and
screamed “BOO!”
“Ahh!” I screamed!
It was just my sister.
“You scared me,” I said.
My parents came running up the steps.
“What was that loud scream?” my mom asked.
“I don’t know,” I said.
“I think it was just thunder,” my sister said.
And we went giggling into the next room.

Just had to share.
Great, eh?
Have a great weekend!

Always, Em-Musing

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter!

Isis Rushdan said...

How wonderful for your granddaughter. Congratulations!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Adorable!

Adam said...

quite a goal, I never won those as a child.

Michael Offutt, Speculative Fiction Author said...

Congratulations to your granddaughter. That's just awesome.

Carol Kilgore said...

I love it! And congrats to both of you!

Your granddaughter is following in your footsteps :)

Happy Weekend!

Barbara Watson said...

Love, love it! Wish I'd known I wanted to write when I was a kid.

Dr. kold_kadavr_flatliner, MD said...

Greetings, earthling!! Shouldn’t be long, gotta run back to Heaven; however, in the meantime, take anything and everything you wanna from our wonderfull, plethora of thot to write the next great masterpeAce -if- I can but kiss your gorgeous, adorable feets and/or cuddle withe greatest, ex-mortal-girly EVER to arrive in Seventh Heaven. Think about it... Do it... Get back to me Upstairs …thewarningsecondcoming.com

Nick Wilford said...

Congrats to your granddaughter! There's talent there. She built the tension, then defused it with a sweet ending. I hope she'll keep writing! :)

Deniz Bevan said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations to your granddaughter :-)