Tuesday, February 5, 2013

THAT'S THE JACK, JACK



There’s something about land…
That’s feels stable…
And not just under your feet…
But in your hand... 
As in landline phone.
Since living here in Mexico
My communication to family back home…
Has always been by cell phone…
Iffy and pricey to say the least.
OK, I have used Skype at times…
But not everyone has or hovers over their laptops.
Then recently…
I brought a Magic Jack device back from the States…
And while the Magic Jack connection is via the Internet…
The phone I’ve plugged into is a landline phone.
SQUEE!
It feels great having that phone in my hand. 
It makes me feel, well—grounded.
And…
I can talk unlimited for less then 20 bucks…
A year!
Gotta love that.
And I do.
I love my Magic Jack.
And soon I’m going to figure out…
How to apply the Magic Jack app…
To my iPhone.
So?
Anyone else enjoy Magic Jack?

Always, Em-Musing

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

My wife has it on her phone. The app is FREE - no fees at all!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Long distance companies are in trouble.

Arlee Bird said...

Haven't tried Magic Jack, but I have a land line with the unlimited long distance calling. I don't like using my cell phone unless I'm out and it's an emergency. I don't talk on the phone that much for that matter. Another thing I probably waste money on.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog
Twitter: @AprilA2Z

cleemckenzie said...

Guess I'll have to give it a try! Love the name.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I haven't tried it, but I know a lot of clients who use it because it is so affordable. Basically, it functions using VOIP and allows for the phone connection. So it's like Skype but gives you a handset instead of a headset to wear.

alexia said...

Cool - I saw ads for that and thought it was a scam. Glad to know it's not too good to be true!

Adam said...

I had it for awhile.