Thursday, May 2, 2013

RE: WORK


I need to find a freelance editor…
I’ve been researching on-line…
Checking ads in the back of Writer’s Digest
But I have a burning question: how will I know?
How will I know...
Before spending (or wasting) too much dinero…
If I’ve found the right match for my manuscript?
What questions should I ask beyond the obvious?
How will I know when I find her/him?
Can I trust testimonials?
They could be works of fiction too.
So?
If you’ve ever hired and worked with an editor…
How did you do it?
And if you know of a good editor…
Can you share?


Always, Em-Musing

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I follow quite a few people who are editors. Wouldn't know what to ask though.

Barbara Watson said...

I do freelance editing and have clients you can email questions to about my work if you'd like also. Click to my blog, locate the various pages across the top, click on the one called Editing Services, and it will provide a description of my services and fees. My email is also listed there should you want more information or have questions. Absolutely NO pressure. Just throwing it out there for you.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Send a sample and let the person critique a few pages. Most editors will do this for free, to see if you are a good fit for each other.