Thursday, October 17, 2013

CAN'T KEEP THIS

23,000 words!
LOST!
Dear God!!!
My stomach dropped!
My heart sank!
Where were they?
Not to mention all those hours of writing, creating...
Wasted! sank!

**segue**

To the other day...
When I was at my chiropractor…
She tells me that her sister is a hoarder…
And that her sister who is in the States…
Will be in an upcoming Hoarders episode.
I, of course was sympathetic to her face…
But as I left her office…
I felt smug thinking, I’d NEVER hoard.

**segue**

Earlier this morning…
I was at my computer, fingers poised to write when…
Hmm?
Where is the file ...
On that story I was writing a month ago?
I searched my documents—nada!
I searched the recycle bin—nada!
Where the~*blank*~ is it?
Fifteen minutes later—oh ha, ha...
DUH!
I found the file in Dropbox of all places.
Thank God!!!!
But before that..
I looked through all my files…
Geeze!
Why did I have so many files I don't need?
But then I remembered thinking…
If I send this file to the recycle bin, I’ll be sorry…
Because I never know if I’ll need it.
But truthfully?
I can barely remember many creating these files.
And that’s when…
**segue**
Every episode of Hoarders
Came into memory...
The part when the hoarder’s family..
Rummages through the hoarder’s junk…
And the hoarder goes, “No! Not that!” 
I may use that one day!”
The family members rolls their eyes…
And every TV viewer, like me, swears, “I’ll never hoard.”
Well, I'm here to tell ya...
I AM a hoarder...
At the digital level.
What about you?
Have you looked in your document lately?
Are you a digital hoarder?
Or a hoarder on any other kind?


Always, Em-Musing

11 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Digital hoarder!
I probably need to clear out some files as well, so don't feel bad.

Aldrea Alien said...

I'm not too bad. There's likely a few things I could throw away, but that's what big hard drives and eternal drives are for.

Anne Gallagher said...

O.M.G. I am soooo a digital hoarder! I save everything! But then, I get the idea that my computer will crash because of all the junk I've saved and then I purge like a crazy woman. But it's only junk files (because I save 2 copies of everything) mock-up covers for books that have already been published, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd editions of synopsis, queries, and cover copy for books that will never see a publisher. I feel like I've spring cleaned.

But I never discard files of stories that I don't know what to do with because someday I'll figure them out.

And I love Dropbox. I've found things I never knew were there. (Because some days I'm just a zombie and put it there for no apparent reason.)

farawayeyes said...

Guilty on a certain level. The files for my books contain scene after scene that aren't included but were too good to toss. 'I may use them someday, somewhere else.' ha, ha, ha!

Barbara Watson said...

Not a hoarder of literal things, no. I donate at every opportunity. But any writing idea is much to valuable to toss away.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I am guilty of hoarding to some extent. I seriously need to de-clutter :)

Nicole Zoltack said...

Im definitely a file hoarder!

Misha Gerrick said...

I am!

Every now and then though, I'll zip up some files... and store them. :-P

oakleyses said...

prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, air max, nike air max, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin outlet, gucci handbags, sac longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet online, chanel handbags, jordan pas cher, longchamp pas cher, tiffany and co, burberry pas cher, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike roshe, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors pas cher, prada outlet, christian louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, replica watches, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, nike free run, longchamp outlet

oakleyses said...

new balance shoes, converse, baseball bats, ray ban, ferragamo shoes, vans outlet, babyliss, hermes belt, converse outlet, p90x workout, instyler, louboutin, mac cosmetics, lancel, jimmy choo outlet, mont blanc pens, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, celine handbags, ghd hair, vans, nike air max, hollister, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face outlet, lululemon, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, oakley, insanity workout, iphone cases, chi flat iron, gucci, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, asics running shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing, reebok outlet, hollister, beats by dre, herve leger, nike huaraches, timberland boots, longchamp uk, nike trainers uk, nike air max

oakleyses said...

ugg, moncler, montre pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, links of london, canada goose, doudoune moncler, marc jacobs, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, canada goose jackets, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, replica watches, canada goose outlet, swarovski, pandora charms, moncler uk, moncler, karen millen uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, canada goose, wedding dresses, ugg uk, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, coach outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, canada goose