Tuesday, October 8, 2013

SIRIOUSLY?


 

Idea pops into my head   check
Scribble it down on random piece of paper  check
Write first draft by the seat of my pants  check
Write second and third drafts  check
Edit, edit, edit, edit, edit, edit ad nauseum   check
Write query & synopsis   check
Research agents and publishers  check
Send query, synopsis & partial   check
Get a request for a full   check
Edit, edit, edit, again!  check
Attach the full in a file in an email to publisher  check 

Hit Send!   **choke**

Hit Send!   **choke**

Hit Send!   **choke**

Hit Send!   **choke**

HELP!!!!

I need SIRI
To hit the ‘send’ button for me!!!
Siri is the only one who can do it...
After all…
Siri has no emotion…
Siri has no stakes in this submission…
Siri is just a submissive…
Siri has no qualms about submitting…
My submission.
LMAO  Now!
So for the fun of it...
I actually went to my iPhone...
And asked Siri, "Can you send my submission?"
And her answer:  Who? Me?
So I guess the job is really up to me to...
Hit 'send'. 
Lord!
Why is this so hard?
Is it only me?
Or is the worst and scariest part of writing…
Hitting the ‘send’ button?


Always, Em-Musing  
FYI...Siri is actually a voiceover talent
named, Susan Bennett from Atlanta.
Siri in Norwegian means, 'beautiful
woman who leads you to victory.'




6 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

LOL I have so much fun with Siri. I find her to be a good companion :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Siri wouldn't send it? The nerve!

Lydia Kang said...

So nerve wracking to hit that send button!

Anne Gallagher said...

I still go through that and I don't even query anymore. my big fear is "publish".

Take a deep breath and let it go then hit that button. You can't succeed if you don't try. And you can't fail if you do.

Barbara Watson said...

Good for Siri making you send it on your own. :-)

Carol Kilgore said...

And now the wait begins :)