Tuesday, November 17, 2015

TOLD STORY - UNTOLD

On my road trip across Mexico…
I couldn’t wait to visit ruins of the Toltec.  
My first stop was Tula in the state of Hidalgo.









































I was fortunate to get a guide named Agustin...
Who not only is Toltec but spoke English.
Being a writer and curious...
I asked lots of questions...
He said he liked that I was interested…
Saying hardly any tourists are that curious…
And so I believe he trusted me…
And that's why he shared aToltec story…
One that has been passed down orally
For centuries.
He asked me not to share it
Because the Toltecs don’t want outsiders to know.
I was honored that he shared…
Unfortunately…
I am compelled to honor his request…
And not share it with you here.
I know, AWWWW!
BUT!
I can share another story.
Agustin and I were in an area of the ruins…
Where there were depictions…  
Of naguals, or spiritual companions.
(although there are darker meanings)

Just then, an incident popped up in my head.
"Augustin? Would you me to tell you a story?" 
He smiled and nodded.
“One night, soon after my fiancé passed away…
I prayed for protection, as I live alone in the jungle
And there had been robberies in the area.
I wasn’t sure though…
What protection would be or how it would look.
Around 3 am, I woke up…
Hearing something walking outside.
I got up, and stealthy looked out windows.
Nada.
When I went back into my bedroom…
There, on the patio…
Were a dog and a kitten sitting and staring in at me.
I was startled to say the least.
After a while, the dog and cat touched noses…
And the dog took off as if to say…
“You’ll be OK now.”
Well, the cat stayed all night…
And in the morning…
Figured out how to open my screen patio door…
To get inside to my home.  

Indie has been with me ever since.
A few months later…
I told this incident to a neighbor.
“What color was the cat?” she asked me.
“Black,” I said.
“Oh, WOW!
You received the Maya Cross for protection.
The dog is guardian of home and property…
And the black cat (usually a jaguar)…
Is protector of the underworld.”

Agustin smiled at me and said…
“Your cat is your nagual, your protector.
"Although the Mayas and Toltecs…
Traveled hundreds of miles to trade…
They also shared stories…
I never heard of the Maya Cross.
Thank you for sharing your story." 
So, dear blog reader…
Do you believe in naguals?
Do you have any nagual stories to share?
Or an animal that is your protector?

Always,

Em-Musing

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think Indie is your protector.
How cool he shared with you a sacred story.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I have a little black cat that watches over me but I think it's more of a haunting.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Whether he's a nagual or not, I love this story! Someday I'd like to tour the various ruins.

oakleyses said...

prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, air max, nike air max, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin outlet, gucci handbags, sac longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet online, chanel handbags, jordan pas cher, longchamp pas cher, tiffany and co, burberry pas cher, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike roshe, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors pas cher, prada outlet, christian louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, replica watches, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, nike free run, longchamp outlet

oakleyses said...

new balance shoes, converse, baseball bats, ray ban, ferragamo shoes, vans outlet, babyliss, hermes belt, converse outlet, p90x workout, instyler, louboutin, mac cosmetics, lancel, jimmy choo outlet, mont blanc pens, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, celine handbags, ghd hair, vans, nike air max, hollister, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face outlet, lululemon, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, oakley, insanity workout, iphone cases, chi flat iron, gucci, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, asics running shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing, reebok outlet, hollister, beats by dre, herve leger, nike huaraches, timberland boots, longchamp uk, nike trainers uk, nike air max

oakleyses said...

ugg, moncler, montre pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, links of london, canada goose, doudoune moncler, marc jacobs, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, canada goose jackets, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, replica watches, canada goose outlet, swarovski, pandora charms, moncler uk, moncler, karen millen uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, canada goose, wedding dresses, ugg uk, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, coach outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, canada goose