Friday, December 4, 2015

WON WORLD

I was talking to a friend yesterday…
ME: Don’t you ever wonder when you’re on a plane…
     If say, for whatever reason…
     You had to fly it…
     That you could get up in that cockpit…    
     And fly it?  
          Of course, you’d have contact with the tower…
     They’d talk you through it…
     And then when you landed safely…
     The news media would be there…
     And the whole world would be amazed!
SHE: Gee, I’ve never wondered anything like that.
ME: Or what if you and I were out having drinks 
     and a thug tried to kidnap us. What would you do?
SHE: Yell for help? Why? What would you do?
ME: I’d break a wine bottle over his head, punch    
     him in his gut, and then kick him in the nuts!
SHE: Looked at me as if I just walked off a space   
     ship.
And that’s when it dawned on me…
She and I live in very different “Head Worlds.”
In mine…
I’m always the heroine!
The rescuer!
The only one to save the world…
Obviously having powers I don’t have now.
So?
What about you?
Do you live in different “Head Worlds”…
Then other people?
(please convince me that it’s the writer in me
who comes up with these outrageous scenarios 
and I’m not coo coo. )

Always,
Em-Musing



5 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I try not to think of a plane having any issues at all while I'm on it.
I do know that if someone broke into my house, they'd find me with a sword in one hand and a baseball bat in the other!

Adam said...

Flying a plane sounds easy until you realize there's a billion switches and buttons. I know I would freak out in that situation

Unknown said...

Hello Dear Leigh,
Of course you are the heroine of your world! Who else could play that role as well as you do? As for "head worlds"... years ago I hired an illiterate Mayan woman to cook for one of my restaurants. She was a fabulous cook but couldn't read or write. She was also very wise. One day we were talking about different points of view, she said, "So many heads, so many worlds."

Karen Baldwin said...

Donna, LOve that story. Thanks for your comment. And Alex and Adam too.

oakleyses said...

new balance shoes, converse, baseball bats, ray ban, ferragamo shoes, vans outlet, babyliss, hermes belt, converse outlet, p90x workout, instyler, louboutin, mac cosmetics, lancel, jimmy choo outlet, mont blanc pens, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, celine handbags, ghd hair, vans, nike air max, hollister, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face outlet, lululemon, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, oakley, insanity workout, iphone cases, chi flat iron, gucci, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, asics running shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing, reebok outlet, hollister, beats by dre, herve leger, nike huaraches, timberland boots, longchamp uk, nike trainers uk, nike air max