Wednesday, May 2, 2018

HIGHLY SEASONED WRITING

This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh. If you're a writer, insecure, or just supportive of writers—insecure or not—please join us. It happens the first Wednesday of each month. It would be sweet of you to visit at least a dozen or so new blogs and leave a comment. Your words will be appreciated.

OPTIONAL IWSG Day Question: It's spring! Does this season inspire you to write more than others, or not?


When it comes to writing and seasons...
I don’t have to wait for spring...
To activate my mind...
Because my brain...
Has seasons of its own.
But unlike seasons here on earth...
That have specific times that they occur...
The seasons of my brain are random...
Which leave me going—HUH? WHY?
For example:
THE DRY SEASON
When new ideas are like tumbleweeds in a ghost town.
THE RAINY SEASON
A deluge of ideas and creativity...
Flood my mind for days or even weeks...
Leaving all thoughts soggy and useless.
THE FRIGID SEASON
When I have a deadline...
But my mind decides to freeze up...
And I need alcohol to thaw it.
THE WINDY SEASON
When ideas blow in then blow out of my mind...
Before I can write them down.
THE FOGGY SEASON!
When I can’t see a new thought for days. Or weeks!
THE FALL SEASON
When I’ve grown a concept for too long...
And it finally withers up and dies.
However...
Every now and then I get this:
THE PERFECT SEASON
Today’s forecast calls for:
100 percent probability...
That my mind will be clear & focused...
And I write in joy and purpose!
So?
What about you?
Does your brain have its own seasons and weather?
And does spring reactivate your writing?

Always,
Em-Musing


10 comments:

Sandi said...

I've never thought of it this way, but it does seem to go through seasons. Just like life!

Nick Wilford said...

That was very funny! Yeah, I think I've experienced all those seasons at one time or another.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I like your seasons! Very accurate. And funny.

Ronel Janse van Vuuren said...

Love what you did with this post :-) I think we've all experienced the foggy season.

Ronel visiting on Insecure Writer's Support Group day: Autumn Decisions

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I might be stuck in the Fall season right now.

Anonymous said...

I love your seasons! Very clever and fun. Right now, I'm gearing up for tornado season when things will be a bit hectic so I better be prepared! :)

Elsie

Jennifer Hawes said...

That's great! I love your seasons!!

E.M.A.Timar said...

Very clever post. I think we all go through a tumult of seasons with writing. Unfortunately, spring pollens definitely bring on the foggy season for me. I hope your Perfect Season extends well beyond its solstice.

Intangible Hearts said...

What a lovely post. Yes, we have seasons in our mind but sometimes things get foggy when you have to take medication. Sorry I'm not good at following all my favorite blogs but you have been a favorite for a long time.
Best, Eve

Satta King said...

play bazaar
play bazaar

satta king List what you want to get done during your day in the order of importance. Work your way down the list from top to bottom finishing one task after you finish one.