Wednesday, October 3, 2018

WRITING UNDER THE INFLUENCE

This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the
Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh. If you're a writer, insecure, or just supportive of writers—insecure or not—please join us. It happens the first Wednesday of each month.It would be sweet of you to visit at least a dozen or so new blogs and leave a comment. Your words will be appreciated.

OPTIONAL IWSG Day Question: How do major life events affect your writing? Has writing ever helped you through something?

Has life events affect my writing?
BIG TIME!
My genre of choice used to be horror, supernatural thriller.
When I fell in love again after decades of a difficult marriage...
I wrote humorous women’s fiction...
Based on my newfound happiness.
Why humourous you ask?
Trust me...
When you’re 24 years older than the guy...
Ya gotta have a sense of humor.
When death took him after just a few years...
My writing went dark...
Not like the genre...
But rather the military definition:
Termination of communication.
My writing basically went bye-bye for several years.
Having moved here to be with "him"...
"Him" being a Mexican national.
I chose to stay in Mexico
Learning the language (some)...
Learning the ins and outs of the culture...
And I survived...
So did my creativity.
I am writing again...
Revamping an existing manuscript...
Soon to publish...
And am writing humorous women’s fiction again.
So?
What about you?
Do life events affect your writing?

Always,
Em-Musing

8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You were brave to remain there, but you survived and thrived. Now, keep writing that fun stuff!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

I agree with Alex: Staying in Mexico alone after loss was brave. It seems, though, you found a deeper, richer life by learning the language and the culture. I'm glad your creativity returned and that you have a new novel to show for it. Best of luck with it.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That had to affect you big time. It's good to hear the humor has returned.

My step-sister moved to Mexico two years ago with her husband and they retired there. She loves it.

shaimaa sami said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
PJ Colando said...

Hey, Brave Girl -

I like how the ebb and flow of life as you know it informs the ebb and flow of your genre - because you can genre-switch. Amazing!

Writing is a process. Writing informs and reflects life.

You are a poster child for 'the writing life' - thanks for sharing!

رواد الحرمين said...



شركه عزل فوم بالدمام

شركه عزل فوم بالقطيف

شركه عزل فوم بالاحساء


شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل

Satta King said...

satta king

satta king

satta king

satta king Unless it is an emergency, it's not good to answer the phone, a text message, or instant message when you're doing something else. It can be hard to refocus once you allow yourself to be interrupted. Return all correspondence once the task you are currently working on.

prince said...

play bazaar
satta king
play bazaar
satta king Make sure you possess a good margin of safety. There is no way to escape the future's unpredictability.