Thursday, April 7, 2011

C.I.P.

 If you’re a writer…
Then you know how your mind fills with fantastic creative stuff everyday…
Plots, characters, new worlds… …
And it’s so much fun being up in your head, you don’t want to leave.
So, if you’re a busy writer like me…
Or even if you’re just plain busy…
You know what it’s like to have so much going on in your mind…
That you wind up doing mindless things…
Like getting off the wrong exit…
Forgetting to get the one thing you went to the store to get…
Forgetting to pay your house payment…
And one time, I was in such a rush…
I forgot to put on my underpants when I left the house.
Thank God you can’t see through jeans.
But alas, this morning
When I was working on my W.I.P (accent on the "P")...
I was so excited because I added a new chapter...
And I was loving it and didn't want to stop...
But with several cups of coffee in me…
And Mother Nature calling...darn!
I had to leave my laptop...
But ah HA! My mind could continue...
And ha HA! I had my protagonist up in a tree when she
Forgot to take off the underpants!
Well, you’re a writer, you can finish the story.
Actually don’t finish this story...
I will. I have nothing more to add except...
LORD!
So? Ever done anything as mindless or stupid?

Always, Em-Musing

6 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

hahaha! Yeah, I've walked out the door, handbag, coat, scarf and all, middle of winter, without shoes. :-/

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I was volunteering in my daughter's classroom and went straight home afterwards. It wasn't until I got home that I discovered I had forgotten my winter boots at the school. I had to phone the school and my kids had to bring them home.

Jennifer Shirk said...

LOL!! Now that's distraction with a capital D!

Helen Ginger said...

Forgetful is sort of normal for me. I am constantly forgetting what day it is. Thank goodness I can click on my computer and find out!

Elena Solodow said...

...not that I'll admit to ; )

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I forget things all the time. When I get ready for the gym, I forget my card to check in with. When I go to work, I forget my I.D. that I need to disarm the security...and the list goes on and on.