Thursday, April 21, 2011

EM JERKY

For a few weeks…
The temps had been tolerable...
And the furnace hadn’t been kicking on.
But this last week…
The temps dropped, the furnace kicked on…
And now I feel like someone dropped kicked me—again.
My skin is bone dry…
My sinuses are bone dry…
Even my eyes are bone dry.
If I don’t move to the tropics of Akumal…
And make my Spiritual/Writer Retreat…
Sooner rather than later…
I’m going to wind up getting so dry…
I’ll turn into nothing more than…
An an old piece of human jerky.
Waaaa!
Well, at least I still have moisture for tears.

Always, Em-Musing

6 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

Haven't had the heat on for a weak. Supposed to get rain and it's supposed to be cold tomorrow. I guess I'll have to turn the heat back on. Just pray I don't get another sinus infection.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

Welcome to Calgary. Where Dry is it's middle and last name. :P

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I wish the weather would just make up its mind!

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wah, don't get all dehydrated on me! I can't stand that feeling either.

Jennifer Hillier said...

Ooh, so uncomfortable to have super dry skin! Human jerky... that's a creepy (crepey?) image!

Samantha Vérant said...

The hubs doesn't like heat. We keep the house at around 66 degrees in the winter. During the day. It's f-f-f-freezing!!! I was never able to figure out how the damn thermostat worked! Thankfully, it's like summer here now...