Tuesday, April 26, 2011

INK, WELL?

I discovered another weird secret of the universe…
Pens multiply!
They have to!
Because why do I have so many?
When did I start collecting them?
Or hoarding them?
Did I think there would be a shortage?
Did I have to take every free pen there was?
And I don't even use pens to write my novels...
I use my laptop.
And the strange thing is…
I don’t remember bringing each one home.
And that’s why I’m convinced they multiply because…
How can I explain that I have five…
Of every kind of ugly pen there is?
Like bank pens…
Those white Bic kind with red lettering.
I’m sure they’ve caught me on surveillance cameras…
“There she goes again! Taking another pen!”
And why are there pens in so many places in my home?
Every old purse has one…
Every draw has a pen…
They’re squeezed between sofa cushions…
And under the sofa.
And there was even one hidden by a shoe in my closet.
But you know what?
It doesn’t matter how many pens I have…
Because every time I’m somewhere writing a check…
(yes, I’m the last holdout on debit cards)
I’ll still rummage through my purse…
Only to come up empty handed and say…
“Uh, pardon me…could I borrow a pen?”
So? Are my pens the only ones?
Do yours multiply?

Always, Em-Musing

4 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

hahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahah

I just redid my office drawers and came up with about 300 pens, markers, crayons, any kind of writing implement you can think of. (Excpet pencils. I hate pencils.) And most of them don't write. Go figure.

M.J. Fifield said...

Mine only seem to multiply because I can't stop buying them. I kind of have a pen purchasing problem.

Jennifer Shirk said...

They hide then they multiply. LOL

There are days when I can't find a pen anywhere then days when I want to throw out pens because we have too many. LOL

Elizabeth Mueller said...

LOL! You're so cute! Yes, they really do! too bad I've never seen a baby pen. When you do, please capture it's image for prosperity!

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥