Friday, April 22, 2011

ONCE UPON A WEEKEND

Imagine you’re in a cabin somewhere…
Or if you prefer, you’re at a beach cottage.
Someone dropped you off  this morning…
And will pick you up on Sunday evening.
It’s your weekend…
To do whatever you want.
So I’m guessing because you’re a writer…
You’ll use this time to write, right?
OK, so now you’re all comfy and cozy…
With a glass of your favorite beverage…
When–
All of a sudden…
You sense something…
In your gut…
Inclement weather? I’m talking storm of the millennium.
Something nuclear? Either war or spill.
Orsomething.
And as the fates always seem to do…
Your electronics suddenly don’t work…
But seeing that I’m the author of this little story…
I’m going to allow one of them to work for you…
Which one will you choose to help you survive your weekend?
Your cell phone?
Your computer?
The TV?
Or?
Well, you’re a writer…
You tell me what you felt in your gut
And how to finish the story.
 Remember, it's your weekend.

Always, Em-Musing

6 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

My computer! (assuming my wifi is still working) Oh, heck, even if my wifi isn't working. LOL

Linda N.J. Szymanski said...

I guess I'd pick the cell phone- hopefully I get coverage and call the people I love... just in case....then, since I'm stuck wherever I am...I'd write like hell to finish my novel... just in case

M.J. Fifield said...

Two questions: Does the TV have cable and do I have a notebook and pen with me?

If the answer to those two things is "no", I'll pick the computer.

Elena Solodow said...

My computer. Phone and TV be damned!

PM Kavanaugh said...

Probably computer. It can serve as both entertainment and writing tool and comms device. Perfect for a weather-watch weekend. Great question!

Karen Baldwin said...

LOL! Love your answers.