Monday, April 11, 2011

SHOW, ME THE WRITER

Last week, one of my blog posts…
Was about hoarding and I learned…
That there is not one, but two TV shows:
Hoarders on A&E show
Each 60-minute episode of Hoarders is a fascinating
look inside the lives of two different people whose
inability to part with their belongings is so out of
control that they are on the verge of a personal crisis
And…
Hoarding: Buried Alive on TLC
With the help of expert therapists & organizers, the
hoarders will attempt to unlock the key to their
obsessions in hope of reclaiming their lives.
I was fascinated with these people who are obsessed…
And that got me thinking about writers…
Aren’t we obsessed?
With writing?
And getting published?
And that got me thinking…
Wouldn’t it be great…
If we writers had our own TV show?
Using the copy from the two TV shows…
The synopsis of our new TV show would read like this:
Each episode would be a look inside the lives of two
different writers whose inability to stop writing, even though
they’ve submitted and have been rejected countless times,
is so out of control that they are on the verge of a crisis.
And…
With the help of book doctors and editors, the writers will
learn what needs to be done not only to their query and synopsis,
but their manuscript.
I figure, with agents claiming…
That they get 10,000 submissions a year…
And 99% don’t cut the mustard…
I don’t think there’d be a shortage of writers.
And just think…
Everyone in our lives will finally understand our need to write…
They will see what obsesses us…
Why we talk, giggle, and argue with ourselves...
Why we stare at a blank computer screen for hours...
Why we are cranky for no apparent reason...
Why we eat so much chocolate.
They will learn the hope, dreams, angst, and heartache...
We unpub’d writers go through everyday.
So?
What do you think about my TV show idea?

Always, Em-Musing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It should be funny especially with the writers talking to their computer screen. I'm one of those :)
- andrea

Linda Gray said...

Obsessions of aspiring authors? Sounds like an idea that a reality show producer might find interesting. I have mixed feelings: fascination and horror. Perfect, right?

btw, Leigh, you've received a blog award over on Critique Sisters. Found you through reading your comments on other blogs, and am so glad I did!

Tana said...

Who me I never obsess. I may stretch the truth, but obsess? Never! ;) Great fun.

Linda N.J. Szymanski said...

I Love the idea! There would be an endless array of incredibly interesting subjects! Kooks, Crackpots and Future Nobel Prize winners! Who will be next...? Why???? I love the idea!