Friday, April 8, 2011

SPREAD THE WORD

Ahh…
Sping is in the air…
Time to discover…
Another "secret of the universe"...
(I've discovered a few others in the past)
It’s called—The Law of Expansion.
Don’t laugh, though it may sound silly…
It’s real and I can prove it.
Let’s look at paperwork…
First it’s a small pile of envelopes neatly stacked on your desk…
Then, once opened…
It becomes a wastepaper basket brimming over with paper.
See? The Law of Expansion.
Or you buy a small electronic…or something
That’s been wrapped in plastic, stuffed in Styrofoam…
Then placed in a box that goes into an even bigger box.
You open it all up...
And then for whatever reason you need to put it back…
But now you can’t fit the box in the box or the box in the Styrofoam…
Because it’s expanded.
See? The Law of Expansion.
And this is exactly what happened to me.
Yesterday, I pulled out a pair of pants I had put away last season…
Tried to get into them but couldn't…
Now you might wonder...
Is it because I've been stuffing myself like a pig …
And haven’t exercised in months?
Oh, no...I had nothing to do with it.
See? It's The Law of Expansion.
And darn if doesn’t happen every spring.
Have you ever encountered…
The Law of Expansion.

Always, Em-Musing

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

There must be something to that Law because I HAVE been exercising and I STILL feel "expanded". LOL

Linda N.J. Szymanski said...

It is indeed a true phenomenon, mysterious and inexplicable... and much more prevalent in the Spring!
Thank you for explaining it so well!:-)

Elena Solodow said...

I remember for my office I had to put together this cabinet when we moved into a new place. The first cabinet was broken, so I had to return it, ended up having to take one of the pieces separately, outside the box, because I could not get it back in! Then the second one we bought was broken as well...didn't have much luck with fitting that one back in either.

Unknown said...

Now I understand lol Thanks for the info:

Samantha Vérant said...

Yes, I do believe in the laws of expansion. My backside! Going off to bicycle!