Monday, April 18, 2011

SPRING BORED

What’s your favorite season?
Here in the Midwest, many answer…
“SPRING!
Oh the flowers are coming up…
Everything is turning green…
The temperatures are perfect…
Yada yada yada…”
Yeah, I get it…
After months of drear…
Who doesn't want flowers, warmth and green, right?
TODAY'S FORECAST: CLOUDY, DRIZZLES, WIND ADVISORY, HIGH 48.
And this has been the forecast for the last 30 days…
And will be for the next week, at least.
So I’m curious…
After decades of springs like this…
What spring is everyone talking about?
The one on postcards? Calendars?
Perhaps I’m just more impatient than most…
It seems I’ve been waiting for lots of things lately…
Like getting an agent and being published.
So I guess when it comes down to weather…
I have no patience anymore…
I’m tired of waiting for pretty…
Just get here already!
Alright?
What about you?
Where you live, do you have beautiful springs?
And if spring isn’t your favorite season, what is?

Always, Em-Musing

5 comments:

Jennifer Shirk said...

I used to love spring, but where I live spring it's still very cold and very wet.
But we have a very nice fall, so it all balances.
Summer is my season. I LOVE the heat!

Samantha Vérant said...

Spring has sprung...and it's like summer here now, temperature wise. And, yes, I've been busy planting flowers and veggies and cleaning and...oof. does my back hurt.

M.J. Fifield said...

I think Spring in the Mount Washington Valley has gone on an untimely hiatus.

But I love autumn. It's a nice change from the summer heat and I can wear sweaters again.

Tana said...

I LOVE, luv, loooove, spring!!!! Especially since it leads to summer. =)

Elizabeth Mueller said...

Spring! Spring! I love spring. The flowers and the rain washing away the snow.

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥