Monday, April 8, 2013

PRAYER ANSWERED? COINCIDENCE?


It took a life changing event…
To take the wind out of the sails of my writing…
It’s taken another event…
To write today.
The other night…
As I lay in my bed, solo now…
Listening to all the noises outside in the jungle…
And all the ‘house settling‘ noises…
I prayed for protection for me, my house and my land.
Funny how when I wasn’t alone, I heard nada…
But now that I am alone, I have ears like a deer.
So there I was sleeping…
When—huh!
Something was walking around my house!
Lord!
I got up…
Grabbed my bullhorn…
Yes, bullhorn because if there ever was an intruder…
I’d scare the crap out of him by blaring the siren…
(take THAT you mother@#$er^ you!)
After peeping out all doors and windows…
I saw nothing alarming.
And then I walked into my bedroom…
AAAHHHHHH!!!
My heart did a THUNK…
Because out on the patio…
Was a large breed beagle and a black cat…
Staring back at me into my dark bedroom.
After the three of us stared at each other a while…
The dog and cat touched noses…
And then the  dog left.
The cat? It stayed.
By morning it was still there…
And she followed outside to wherever I went in the house.
Finally, I took a shower when…
AAAHHHHHH!!!
The cat was now in the shower with me!
It had figured out how to open the screen door.
And there you have it, I mean, her…
I’ve named her Indie, short for India, short for India Ink.



















So?
Was it mere coincidence these two showed up?
Did the dog bring the cat?
Is she an answer to my prayers?
What do you think?
For now…
This may be all the writing I can muster for a while.
Unless that is…
A jaguar or cougar show up on my porch…
And I’ll have to write about that too.


Always, Em-Musing





14 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think the dog was an angel and brought India to you.
Good to hear from you, Leigh. We've missed you.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Aww...what a sweet story. Definitely NOT a coincidence. :)

Suzanne Furness said...

What a wonderful story. I believe India has been sent to help you.

Anne Gallagher said...

You have been blessed. I love your kitty. And I love that she's with you now.

I hope you're feeling a little better.

mshatch said...

cats are good friends and black cats are the best :)

Cassie Mae said...

LOL, I'd totally jump out of my skin if I saw that in the middle of the night. I had a cat adopt me in a similar fashion, only it wasn't a dog bringing him to me ;)

farawayeyes said...

No such thing as coincidence. And hey, whatever it takes. Hang in there.

Adam said...

I hope a jaguar never shows up at my door. I would never leave the house if that was the case.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

What a pretty cat. I think it more than likely wanted food. I honestly wouldn't attribute any supernatural force to this.

Barbara Watson said...

Pets are wonderful company. Although it won't fill your loneliness completely, they are angels in their own right.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Don't listen to unbelievers! That kitty was an answer to prayers.

Intangible Hearts said...

How special to have the friendly little eyes come visit you during these hard times. Yes, they have a message of serenity and love. So cool.

D.G. Hudson said...

A cat can be a great companion. Perhaps the dog knew the cat needed a home, and you needed a pet. Perhaps the touching of noses was like a high-five for humans?

Who told the dog? Does it matter? I love the name Indie!

Anonymous said...

Hello, I think your website might be having browser compatibility
issues. When I look at your blog in Safari, it looks fine
but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping.

I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
Other then that, wonderful blog!

Feel free to surf to my site - diet plans that work fast