Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WARNING! DON'T IGNORE THE WARNING!

When will I learn?
When will I trust that ‘LITTLE VOICE’’?
You know the one…
The one that says in your head DON’T DO IT.”
Well, I did it…
And now my iPhone 5 is dead. Drowned!
Rewind to Saturday.
I decided to go for a swim in my pool.
As I put the iPhone on a towel by the pool…
I heard that little voice say, DON’T! YOU’LL FORGET ABOUT IT!”
And then I heard that little voice also say…
“BE CAREFUL. DON’T DO ANYTHING STUPID OR ELSE YOU COULD DROWN!”
Drown? My pool isn’t over my head. Don’t be silly.
Fast forward a half hour…
I get out of my pool...
Grab the towel when…
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
The iPhone…
Like a slo-mo visual…
Goes sailing into the pool!
I panicked, jumped back in, and did a nose dive.
Couldn’t reach it.
I dove deeper, determined to get it.
But I stayed under too long! 
GASP! GASP! GASP! GASP!
I finally had to retrieve the phone with my feet.
How long can an iPhone stay in water...
Before it's kaput?
After drying the phone with a dryer, compressed air…
It now sits in a bowl of rice. *sigh*
Maybe it will work again. Maybe not.
But one thing I will learn not to do again…
Ignore that ‘LITTLE VOICE.
So? Do you ever hear your little voice?
What has it warned you about that you ignored?

Always, Em-Musing

10 comments:

Intangible Hearts said...

Little voices are good and bad. Mine are like a good angel and a little devil. Sharing the behemoth chocolate cake last night with hubs was one of those things the devil made me do! LOL Hope you can trade in the phone.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Oh no!! I'm sorry. Yeah, I usually do listen to the little voice.

Melissa Sugar said...

Never ever ignore that voice. That's my advice so why don't I ever take my own advice or listen to that little voice. It might work after a night in the rice, but mine didn't and I dropped it in the pool and got it out almost immediately. I feel for you .

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Your poor phone. I'll hear that voice. And then I ignore it anyway.

Anne Gallagher said...

I used to hear the voice a lot. Not so much anymore. Don't know why, but when I do, I heed it.

Guess I've been making some good choices lately. huh.

Barbara Watson said...

Ohhh no! I do have those moments when an image flies across my brain (usually of me dropping something important or causing some sort of small catastrophe). And when I have one of those, I know I should slow down, or better yet, stop. Sometimes I do; sometimes I don't...

Arlee Bird said...

Ohmygosh! That sounds like something like I might do.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog

Carol Kilgore said...

After many years, I'm learning to listen to my little voice. I'm always sorry when I don't. Still.

Hope your iPhone survives.

Adam said...

I tried the rice thing with my ipod touch, it sorta worked

Anonymous said...

I’d like to visit your blog more usually but recently it appears to be taking ceaselessly to come back up.
I go to from work, and our connection there may
be fairly good. Do you suppose the issue could possibly be on
your end?

My site ... having trouble getting pregnant at 40