Wednesday, April 5, 2017

STILL, IN LOVE WITH YOU

This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the Insecure Writers Support Group, founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh. If you're a writer, insecure, or just supportive of writers—insecure or not—please join us. It happens the first Wednesday of each month.

I encourage everyone to visit at least a dozen new blogs and leave a comment. Your words will be appreciated.

April 5 Question: Have you taken advantage of the annual A to Z Challenge in terms of marketing, networking, publicity for your book? What were the results?

First up…
Yup!
I’ve taken advantage of the A to Z Challenge…
Two times, actually in the last five years.
It’s grueling ! It’s fun! And it’s a great marketing tool
But not this year…
I’ve got a project on the front burner…
And it’s overheating as I write.
Next year, though, I will…

Second up,
Did some nit-picky editing the other day…
So there I am breezing along when…
Holy guacamole!
When did my grammar go rogue?
What’s with using “till” instead of until or ‘til?
So I went to the “find” feature in Word and…
Holy frijoles!
Surprisingly, not so many “tills”…
But dozens and dozens of “still’s”…
I had no idea I used that word so often…
Usually my overused word is  “so”...
So I got curious…
I began stalking my conversations for "still".
And what do you know? 
It turns out I don’t say “still”…
I only write “still”.
Hmm?
What’s up with that?
So?
Not including using different speech for characters…
Do you use words or phrases when you write...
That you don't use when you speak?
And what are they?

Always,

Em-Musing

5 comments:

Rhonda Gilmour said...

Hello, Leigh. My favorite writing-only word seems to be "indeed." My protag says this all the time when agreeing with someone. Do I ever say that IRL? I don't think so.
Happy scribbling to you.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You only write it? Now that's funny.
I over-use exclamation marks when I write but I'm soft spoken in person.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I love the find feature in Word.

I can't think of anything that I don't both say and write though.

Arlee Bird said...

Projects come first! Be glad to have you back again next year for another A to Z Challenge. Hope we're all still around for that!

Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out: It's About Time

Lich Am Hom Nay said...

I love the find feature in Word.
Thien Menh.Net
Xem Lich Am hom Nay
Lich Van Nien
Lich Van Su
Van Khan
Tu Vi Hang Ngay
Tu Vi Hang Tuan
Tu Vi Thang Moi
12 Cung Hoang Dao