Thursday, September 2, 2010

TIME TRAVELERS STRIFE

Travel time
Seems there's a quantum phenomenon going on.
Always
If I leave early for an appointment
The universe opens up and provides clear passage
Every light will be green
There'll be no traffic, no trains.
But always,
When I leave right on-time
It seems the universe puts up some kind of time obstacle en route….
Like an extremely slow moving tow truck ahead of me…
Or a school bus with twenty stops…
Or a detour that takes me five blocks out of my way.
So yesterday…
While waiting for not one, but two trains…
I got to thinking about time traveling.
Won't it be great
When technology finally allows us to time travel from home?
No red lights, construction, or broken down vehicles.
But I wonder…
If the universe would operate in the same manner?
If so, I would expect that if I left early time traveling…
There would be no obstacles en route.
But if I left on-time…
Would there be any time travel obstacles?
And if so, what would they be?
And if there weren't any time travel obstacles
Would I ever have an excuse for being
Late again?

Always, Em-Musing

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loved this!!! I'm an always early kind of girl, I'd rather wait, then be waited on!

Great post!