Monday, December 14, 2015

CLUE - LESS

Ever wonder where your ideas come from…
Especially we writers?
I have a clue to my latest creation. 
Literary agent, Janet Reid, aka the Query Shark…
From Fineprint literary…
Has a contest every Friday…
She gives you 5 buzz words…
And you have to write a story in 100 words or less.
Last week’s words were, trail, cob, robo, bark, vet.
My brain went numb - nada.
On Friday…
I went to the movies and saw…
Secret In Their Eyes
It was OK, moved a bit too slow for me…
However, Nicole Kidman had a fantastic scene
As did Julia Roberts
And the ending was creepy cool.
It’s a police story with the oh-so-over-used scenario…
Rogue detective vs smug, angry superior.  
So Saturday morning I woke up and…
TAH DAH!  
An idea!
This is what I wrote (don’t laugh)
It's a Mickey Spillane kinda story.
             Lieutenant Morrison banged his fist on the desk, coffee cup spilling muddy brew. “Damn it, Cob,” he barked at his new detective, “how could you lose him?”
“Trail went cold. Snitch booked.”
“Speaking of booked,” the redhead smirked, her purple-glossed lips smearing across her flawless China-doll face as she sashayed her bodacious booty into the room full of testosterone, “I got him. Getting processed now.”
“I’d like to vet her in bed,” Cob sniggered to his partner.
         “Don’t waste your sweat. She’s vice. You’d think she’d be hot in the sack, but she ain’t. More like a robot.
Um, yeah…
No mystery where that came from…
But I didn’t see the connection…
Until after I posted it on Janet's blog.
Arrgghh!
Why is it that I always see stupid mistakes…
Or a not-fleshed-out story
Until after I hit send. 
How about you?
Do you know where your ideas come from?
And ever send out a cheesy story to an agent?

Always,

Em-Musing

4 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Don't want to bed a rocket.
Well done!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'd like to think this redhead isn't a robot in bed. LOL

Adam said...

My best ideas for anything comes in my dreams. Then I forget them

Unknown said...

Robo cop with a china doll face and purple lipstick... interesting visual