Monday, January 25, 2016

FORBID ME NOT

Hmmm? 
What’s with all the forbidden messages
On the Internet?
The other day
I clicked on a website and got this
FORBIDDEN: You don't have permission to access!
Suddenly 
I felt like I was standing in front of a door
A heavy wooden door with clunky metal hardware
And a little window
With a burly guy on the other side
Who snarls out the window
“You are forbidden to enter!”
Really? Forbidden? 
And then just yesterday
I clicked to follow someone on Twitter
And got this message: 
FORBIDDEN It looks like you've hit a following limit!
Jheeze Louise!
I just started posting on Twitter again
No way I’ve hit my limit.
And really
The messages could have just said
Access Denied. Not allowed or
Oops, no can do
And then this morning
Another FORBIDDEN message from Twitter 
With a link directing me to a page
With all the Twitter "no-no" behavior
Warning me not to do any of it.
Hey! I'm not that kind of gal!
But seriously
All this falderal 
Is why for Social Media, for me
Is a time-consuming royal pain in my
Day!
** sigh **
I know it’s necessary
And all published authors do it
So I’ll quit all the whining and
Just do it!  
How about you?
Love or hate social media?
** Blogging not included **
I LOVE to blog and follow.

Always,
Em-Musing

P.S.  The Best Exotic Writer Retreat is moving forward! 
      More info and pics coming soon.

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

How can you hit a limit on Twitter? Unless you are following way more than are following you.
I like the social media I'm on and avoid the ones I wouldn't enjoy, like Facebook.

Misha Gerrick said...

I was just going to say. If you use a service like manageflitter to unfollow everyone who doesn't follow back, you'll be able to follow new tweeps again. (The same has happened to me too.)

Honestly, though, I love blogging, but twitter, facebook etc are becoming less and less social (which I REALLY don't like.)