Wednesday, July 27, 2011

BLOODY GOOD

It’s amazing what creativity emerges in me…
In the wee hours of the morn.
I’ve been working on a new manuscript…
While down here in Akumal, Mexico.
It’s still rather abstract…
But at 3:45 this morning…
I woke up and felt something developing…
Nothing concrete…
Nothing I could put on paper yet…
Yet…something was rising…
With every waking second…
It was growing…
Like an incessant itch­­­­…
Wait!
It was an itch!
Another mosquito bite!
ARRGGHH!
And then an idea welted up…
As fast as my right eyelid….
(last week it was my left)
Ha ha! 
Yes! 
This will work!
I can see it now…
I’m going leave a dish of food out…
Like I do for my cat back home...
So she won’t pester me at night.
However, this time…
I’m going to leave out…
A bowl of my blood…
So the bastards…
Can dine all night on me…
Without actually dining ON me!
Ha ha! A brilliant idea, no?
So?
Have you ever came up with a brilliant plan…
(or crazy)
In the wee hours of the morn?

Always, Em-Musing

1 comment:

Misha Gerrick said...

Lol yeah. My thoughts tend to take the turn for the bizarre when I'm sleep-deprived. Really hate mozzies.

:-)