Wednesday, October 24, 2012

LICKED



*sigh*
I was going to post some pics from my travels..
But yesterday I got a review of my manuscript…
And I think I’m heading for a Mick Jagger moment…
My nineteenth nervous manuscript breakdown.
“It is crude humor rather than say, more refined or
even snarky. Everything the heroine says is rough
around the edges and therefore she is not coming
off the pages as smart. It isn't funny because more
often than not it's gross. Example: calling the neighbor
"Fat Ass".”
Well, in my protagonist’s defense…
She’s in the middle of a midlife crisis…
There’s nothing refined about that…
And her husband is having an affair with the neighbor.
“Yes, humor, like books, is subjective. But you have to
always keep the audience in mind. Readers of this genre
don't want to read about a women overly focused on her
own genitalia and all that goes along with it.
*sigh*
Maybe I’m just a gross person after all…
Because the kind of humor in this story…
Is the kind my friends and I laugh about all the time.
The kind of topics…
You don’t want husbands or boyfriends to hear.
“The execution and content of her thoughts and
conversations isn't the best of choices.
The lack of intelligence in how she handles 
all of the above is a major drawback.”
*sigh*
My novel is neither saccharine or sugar coated…
It’s an outrageous, irreverent, and often poignant journey
into the heart and mind of an emotionally crippled women.
She did like my voice though.
I’ll give myself time…
My wounds are still fresh…
I’ve got a lot of licking to do…
To find perspective…
And the oomph to edit.
Hope y'all are having a better day than me.

Always, Em-Musing

3 comments:

Isis Rushdan said...

Head up, Leigh! I have no idea how much tweaking you really need to do if any. This business truly is subjective. Another agent/editor might love it. All you need is one, the right one, to believe in the story and you as a writer.

Happy Hump Day :)

Anne Gallagher said...

Do NOT listen to this crap. This is only ONE person. One agent, one editor. There are so many others out there who may LOVE this book.

Don't give up. And don't edit unless you really want to. Don't lose your voice because of what one person said.

Remember this is only one person's opinion. If you get 10 of these, then yes, edit. Otherwise, leave it alone.

Blogger said...

YoBit lets you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 unique crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha once and claim as much as coins you want from the available offers.

After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

You can press CLAIM as much as 30 times per one captcha.

The coins will stored in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or Dollars.