Wednesday, November 7, 2012

REMINDING MY P'S & Q'S



Yesterday I mentioned all that I did…
On a recent trip to Ohio:
Family time, voting time, friend time…
But I failed to mention…
Hugging, connecting, and face time…
With my fellow writers of MVRWA.
I hadn’t been to a meeting in months…
Let alone coffee at Panera’s in months…
But I did both this trip…
And let me say…
NOTHING compares…
To the camaraderie of fellow writers!
They put into perspective…
A challenging review of a manuscript I recently got…
And sent me on my way...
Psyched, pumped...
And with a renewed quest…
To get published.
So?
Who’s there for you...
To put it all into pespective?

Always, Em-Musing

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Glad it got you going again! The whole Ninja Army keeps it in perspective for me.

Barbara Watson said...

Face time with your writing people...how wonderful! For me, my CPs are all online friends that I so hope to meet face-to-face sometime soon.

Unknown said...

Must be really great to meet some fellow writers. I know a lot of writers, but only online. I hope to meet some of them one day. It's good to write and get in touch with other people but nothing is better than communicating the traditional way, right?

farawayeyes said...

Interesting questions. I suppose I find my perspective in the blogosphere, and the ocean, of course.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I think real life is a sobering reminder of all the perspective that I need on my incredibly banal life. Good of you to vote in Ohio though. Swing state votes were so important.

Shay Lacy said...

I had only online buddies once. Then I knew I had to have face time. There is nothing better. It was good to spend time with you again!