Wednesday, December 2, 2020

  

This post is part of the monthly blog hop/therapy session known as the Insecure Writers Support Group founded by the one and only, Alex J. Cavanaugh. If you're a writer, insecure, or just supportive of writers—insecure or not—please join us. It happens the first Wednesday of each month. It would be sweet of you to visit at least a dozen or so new blogs and leave a comment. Your words will be appreciated.   Our Twitter handle is @TheIWSG and hashtag is #IWSG.   

  

The awesome co-hosts this month are Pat Garcia, Sylvia Ney, Liesbet @ Roaming About Cathrina Constantine, and Natalie Aguirre!


 December 2 question - Are there months or times of the year that you are more productive with your writing than other months, and why? 


Oh wow!

It would be fab...

If there were specific months or times of the year...

When I’d be more productive with my writing...

I could then look forward to these times...

Grab a cuppa, cozy up and hunker down... 

And write my little heart out. 

But my creativity doesn’t play that way... 

My muse determines my writing moments...

Sometimes she inspires  me for just a paragraph...

Sometimes a chapter or two...

And if she truly blesses me—it’s a whole day of writing.

Of course, there are always short bouts of drought... 

(where’d you go?)

But never for too long so I can’t complain. 

Certainly though... 

The winter holidays...

Put a kybosh on my writing... 

With all the: 

Present buying, cookie baking, house decorating, holiday feasting, party going, & traveling here and there...

My brain cannot settle down... 

Until I’ve made my list and checked it twice...

And then maybe, just maybe...

A little piece of writing to my wondering eyes will appear. 

So?

How about you?

Are there certain months you are more productive?

 Aways, 

Em-musing







12 comments:

Pat Garcia said...

Hi,

Because your muse is in control of when you write or don't write, you get the downtime that you need. Super!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a safe passage into 2021.

Shalom aleichem,
Pat G @ EverythingMustChange

Rachna Chhabria said...

We all have our productive months don't we?

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sometimes we just have to go with the writing flow.
Merry Christmas!

Chrys Fey said...

We all gotta listen to our muses. :)

Happy Holidays!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

If I can get in one page I feel pretty good.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I don't have special months that I write more. Right now I'm just trying to get into a consistent routine of an hour or two most days. It's working so far.

Sarah Foster said...

The muse is in control -- I can definitely relate to that!

Liza said...

The holidays distract a lot of people.

Elizabeth Mueller said...

That's how it's like for me as well--I write whenever my Muse sees fit as well!

♥.•*¨Elizabeth Mueller¨*•.♥

Olga Godim said...

What a wonderful poem! Love it.
Happy holidays!

Diane Burton said...

Muses can be contrary. We need to let them know who's boss. LOL

Nick Wilford said...

If only these muses were more reliable. Hope you have a lovely holiday.