Wednesday, November 1, 2023

NANO, NANO, BOO BOO


 Hey! It’s the Monthly Blog Hop for the Insecure Writers Support Group founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh

The first Wednesday of every month, we announce an optional question that members can answer in their IWSG post. These questions may prompt you to share advice, insight, a personal experience, or story. Include your answer to the question in your IWSG post or let it inspire your post if you are struggling with something to say. Remember, the question is optional!!!

The awesome co-hosts for the November 1 posting of the IWSG are PJ Colando, Jean Davis, Lisa Buie Collard, and Diedre Knight!

November 1 question: November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?


Oh, NaNoWriMo...

You’re a tease...

I’d be fun to partake this year...

With thousands of other writers...

But…

You’d take up too much of my real writing time.

I did play with you a few times years back... 

Then, I thought…

I’ll just write whatever comes to mind...

Or work on my current W.I.P. Easy-peasy.

But my muse was not amused.

 

What’s this?

You think you can write without me?

I’m the one who helps you create plots & subplots, 

Character arcs and constructing chapters. 

You, of all people, should know...

I DO NOT work well under pressure.

However...

When you get an agent and work on something...

That has a “real” deadline...

Well, that’ll be a different story.

I’ll be your writing genie...

Making your words fly across your keyboard... 

As swift as Aladdin’s magic carpet...


And your writing wishes will be my command. 

What about you?

Yay or Nay to NaNo this year? 


Always, 

Em-Musing


5 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Nope, I never have. Just doesn't fit into my schedule.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's a lot of pressure from your muse.

Natalie Aguirre said...

I say no to NaNo. I write too slow and am busy in November.

Deniz Bevan said...

Ha ha, that accurately sums up my feelings about NaNo! Even though I'm doing it -- but I've got about four different projects to work on at the same time :p

Anonymous said...

Ha. Never thot o'that - your title. Witty,
different, exclamation ---> wanna RITE
some gobba-lotta-groovy, full-tilt, wild-
child-zealotry? Luxurious-surplus-BOMB!s
in d'BOMM? WooHooXtraGnarlyNRG ...wit
sparx? We certainly can and will Upstairs
in the Great Beyond, dear. Follow me to
the impossible Wedding Feast:
● en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk ●
Cya soon, miss gorgeous...