Monday, March 29, 2010

YAWHO?

YA?
Who me?
Not me.
Couldn’t be.
Than who?
I must be channeling some other author.
Because an idea for a new story flew into my head this weekend…
And won’t go away!
Normally, any self respectful writer would welcome this intrusion in their head.
Well, not me.
Because what flew into my head was a YA story.
I’ve never wanted to write YA!
And I don’t plan on it now!
Except…
Neal won’t go away.
Yes, that’s the name of this kid that keeps talking to me.
(All you writers know what I’m talking about, right?)
Phew!
Otherwise I’d better see a shrink!
But really…
While I appreciate that other writers write YA…
And the market is HUGE for YA…
I’ve never had the inkling…
Nor the desire to write YA.
But Neal just won’t go away!
Fine, Neal!
I’ll write down some stuff just to get you out of my head!
There…
Happy?
Oh, no!
This kid just won’t shut up!
I'll keep you posted

Always, Em-Musing

No comments: