Monday, December 26, 2011

SLEEPOVER...THE MORNING AFTER

The grandchildren were nestled, all snug in the bed,

While my stuffed-up sinuses throbbed in my head.
The kiddies slept soundly, reposing quite nice,
While I searched for a hot pack, a cold pack, or ice.
Visions of their evening’s fun danced in their dreams,
While the mess in my apartment, Made me wanna scream!
Look at them now lying all cuddly and cute,
Dear God!
It took twelve hours for the sugar to work its way through!
How precious they look now in their slumber mode,
While I looked like a hag from the under-world.
They’ll wake up all rested and happy too,
While I still have mounds of baking to do!
I pray that the memories they’ll cherish all of their lives,
Will not be last nights refrain they heard a thousand times:
“If you kids don’t settle down this sleepover is OVER!
I swear I’m going to take your little butts home!
No! You CANNOT have another piece of candy Your teeth will rot!”
“Waaaaaaa!”
“Oh, c’mon, now…
Grandma’s sorry. I didn’t mean to make you cry.
No, I’m not really going to take you home.
Yes, Grandma still loves you.
Here…have another piece of candy….p l e a s e!"


Hope you had a joyous holiday.

Always, Em-Musing