Wednesday, December 16, 2015

JUSTICE ASIDE

Electronics!
A love/hate relationship for me. 
Love them for all that they do
Hate all the hoops I have to jump through
Every time I buy a device, computer or software.
Technology is going faster…
Then what I want to keep up with.
Thank goodness for my 24-year-old nephew
Because when I have an electronic dilemma 
I run to him 
Waaa! Waaa! Waaa! Waaaaaaaaaa!
He’s polite enough not to show it…
But I can feel  his smuggness.
You might be thinking 
Aw, Leigh, that’s not nice to say.”
But you know what I mean, don’t you?
It's that
"I'm younger and smarter electronically than you," syndrome.
Anyway…
My nephew is entering an on-line contest…
Where he has to put together…
A Youtube-looking video
And he asked me for ideas
So I showed him a video
That my 12-year-old granddaughter produced 
Using the Video Star app.
He wasn’t too impressed…
Until…
He came back a while later and said…

"Wow, this is good! 
She got the edits down precisely.
Every move is synched with the music.
I downloaded the Video Star app
But can't figure out how she did it.

The gloating was rising in my throat
Faster than a frat house beer belch
And I couldn’t wait to say…
“Why don’t you call and ask her?”

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
A 24-year-old…
Asking a 12-year-old…
For advice!
Now that's poetic justice, no?
What about you?
Ever need a young person 
To help you with electronics? 

Always,
Em-Musing




8 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I wonder if he'll have the guts to call her?

Adam said...

I do find old people who can't even turn on a computer hilarious. I think a lot of older people think their computer is going to commit suicide if they press a single wrong button.

Unknown said...

I don't know what is funnier.... your nephew calling your niece for advice or Adam's idea of people thinking their computer will commit suicide! hahaha.... any which way, please have a pep talk with the puter and tell your nephew it is really okay to take advice from a girl!!

Shannon Lawrence said...

I'm fairly tech savvy, but I'm sure my son will be surpassing me. The question is, when will he surpass my super techie husband? That will be the day. My son does help my mom when she's here. She told me with chagrin that she has had to call him downstairs after bedtime to help with something before. But I think she gets a kick out of it.

A Beer for the Shower said...

I have a degree in IT and am tech savvy with pretty much any gadget. My mistake was telling people about this, so now everyone calls or e-mails me when they have a computer/phone/tablet issue. I wonder at what age I can start feigning ignorance.

oakleyses said...

prada handbags, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ugg boots, air max, nike air max, jordan shoes, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses wholesale, christian louboutin outlet, gucci handbags, sac longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet online, chanel handbags, jordan pas cher, longchamp pas cher, tiffany and co, burberry pas cher, polo outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike roshe, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, nike outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren, michael kors pas cher, prada outlet, christian louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, replica watches, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, nike free run, longchamp outlet

oakleyses said...

new balance shoes, converse, baseball bats, ray ban, ferragamo shoes, vans outlet, babyliss, hermes belt, converse outlet, p90x workout, instyler, louboutin, mac cosmetics, lancel, jimmy choo outlet, mont blanc pens, wedding dresses, valentino shoes, celine handbags, ghd hair, vans, nike air max, hollister, bottega veneta, ralph lauren, north face outlet, lululemon, north face outlet, nfl jerseys, oakley, insanity workout, iphone cases, chi flat iron, gucci, mcm handbags, soccer shoes, abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, asics running shoes, soccer jerseys, hollister clothing, reebok outlet, hollister, beats by dre, herve leger, nike huaraches, timberland boots, longchamp uk, nike trainers uk, nike air max

oakleyses said...

ugg, moncler, montre pas cher, moncler, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, links of london, canada goose, doudoune moncler, marc jacobs, pandora uk, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, ugg pas cher, canada goose jackets, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, replica watches, canada goose outlet, swarovski, pandora charms, moncler uk, moncler, karen millen uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, moncler, canada goose, wedding dresses, ugg uk, juicy couture outlet, supra shoes, moncler outlet, juicy couture outlet, swarovski crystal, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose uk, coach outlet, toms shoes, louis vuitton, canada goose