Tuesday, February 9, 2010

IF I BUILD IT?

Would you come?
To a writers retreat. . .
In Cancun?
Waiting for the impending snowstorm here in the Midwest . . .
Which is a baby storm compared to the one that slammed the East  . . .
I’m restless . . .
I’m one of those people who like warm (and hot) tropical breezes . . .
Not cold arctic blasts.
Yes, I can create an atmosphere in my head . . .
And on my stove . . .
Creamy hot cocoa with some Bailey's, scrumptious pots of soups and stews.
Hunkering down under a blanket in front of a warm crackling fire . . .
Or TV . . .
Reading a book or watching a fantastic movie.
But I don’t want to muster up these feelings to “get through” till spring.
I want warm, sunny now.
And some humidity!
I’m so tired of sticking Vaseline up my nose because of bone dry air.
What’s that you say? Buy a humidifier?
I did.
Three of them.
I also hang wet towels around my bedroom so the air can absorb the moisture.
I swear! Grapes can turn into raisins in a day in this apartment!
Not to mention my skin!
So . . .
If I built a writers retreat in Cancun . . .
Or another village close by. . .
Would you come?
It would be a quaint bed & breakfast kind of place . . .
A writer’s sanctuary looking out to the crystal clear, turquoise waters of the Caribbean.
Or perhaps a villa hidden away amid lush tropical vegetation.
Peacocks and iguanas would leisurely roam.
Tasty, healthy meals would be provided. Local fare or whatever you like.
I’d work a sweet deal with Expedia from all major cities to Cancun so it’d be easy to get to.
With free transportation to and from the airport.
Also one free massage daily would be included.
WiFi? Of course.
A van and driver too if you wanted to tour Mayan ruins . . .
Or swim with the dolphins.
You'd have days of tranquil writing time . . .
For your W.I. P . . .
New novel . . . 
Short story, poems, or whatever.
Or perhaps to just read.
So . . .
If I build  . . .
A writers retreat  . . .
Would you come?
Yes?
OK then . . .
I'm going to start Googling properties for this writers retreat . . .
And I'll keep you posted.

Always, Em-Musing
P.S. I am serious.




No comments: