Thursday, April 22, 2010

DON'T STOP BELIEVING - JOURNEY

It’s been said that joy is not in the destination but the journey.
OK, I am enjoying the journey of writing…
But…
OMG!
I’m
One
Step
Closer
To my destination…
And
It’s
A
BIG STEP!
Recently, I participated in a “pitch” contest on QueryTracker.
My pitch wasn’t selected…
But…
The agent liked what I wrote and requested I send my query and offered to critique it.
I did and he did.
OMG!
Having struggled for so many months wondering if my query was “on track”…
I was ecstatic when he made only a few minor changes to my query.
Ultimately, he said my story was outside his wheelhouse…
(OK, I admit I’m ignorant, I had to look up wheelhouse)
But he did said my premise was solid.
WOO HOOOOO!
YEE HAAAAAA!
So, while this writer…
Is having fun and enjoying the journey…
I’ll be ecstatic to finally get to my destination…
Of being published. 

Always, Em-Musing

1 comment:

Sloan Parker said...

That's got to feel good to get some feedback and know your premise is solid. Congrats!!