Thursday, January 27, 2011

COSMIC LAW OF ATTRACTION

I’ve discovered another secret to the universe!
Or…
At least a universe that applies to me…
And my clothes…
Specifically…
My two pair of black velour pants…
That I always wear because…
1) black goes with everything and…
2) They’re warm.
(I refuse to wear jeans when the temps are below 40º)
And what I've observed happening is…
Two cosmic laws colliding together:
1) If black is the absence of light and…
2) The universe always tries to fill a void (absence of something)
Then in this case…
My black velour pants...
Are considered a void by the universe’s standard…
And therefore all lint, cat hair…
And every possible white or light particle…
That’s floating in air for a three block radius…
Will and does…
Eventually fall on them to fill…
Or in this case to cover them.
(and always after I use that sticky lint remover on them)
And there you have it...
That’s how the universe works
In my end of it.

Always, Em-Musing

4 comments:

Jessica Bell said...

LOL! What a creative way to think of black pants. I always wear black too. I also have a dalmatian that sheds hair eternally. Small, sharp white hairs that embed themselves into my clothes! Hate it!

Anne Gallagher said...

I know this is diametrically opposed to our way of thinking but I'd like to share this with you --

How about if you just let the pants pick up all that fluff and then they would turn white. Wouldn't that flip the universe on its proverbial ear.

I know, I know, I wouldn't do it either but it was just a thought.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Wow, all you philosophers just blew my mind. LOL

Karen Baldwin said...

LOL, Anne. I think if we did it as as a group, we could alter the universe or at least put the earth back on its original axis.