Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOOKERED

Well…
Tease my hair…
Push up my breasts…
And stick on the eyelashes…
Because…
Snooki got published!
OMG!
If Snooki can get published…
What does that mean?
If she can do it, so can I?
The publishing world is sinking?
Female authors will have to “dress up” on book tours…
Like hookers wearing “pouf” hair and Spandex…
And tawk like a New Yawker?
Oh…
And she had a book signing…
At Barnes & Nobel just last week.
(seriously, where have I been?)
She’s been on David Letterman, spoofed on Jimmy Fallon…
And Barbara Walters listed all the Jersey girls…
On her recent “10 Most Fascinating People” special.
Obviously, I don’t’ watch much TV…
Let alone reality shows like the Jersey Shore…
So I’ve missed all the hubbub and brouhaha.
And just to upgrade your literary quotient…
Here’s a quote from Snooki’s  blog…
(yes, doing research, I checked it out)
 “And just like Hemmingway, Fitzgerald, and Stephen King,
she’s a published author.”
Published author! Published author?
Just stick the knife in my gut and twist it, why don’t ya!
So, what do I really think Snooki getting published means in the literary world?
That Snooki’s got a great PR machine.
(I want her PR machine)
What are your sentiments, rants, or raves about Snooki?

Always, Em-Musing









3 comments:

Anne Gallagher said...

Snookie, Paris Hilton, and any other of the femme fatales all have ghost writers. And great PR machines backing them.

Let me ask you this -- How many people will actually buy this book? What kind of print run did the publisher do? 50K? 100K? And how many of those books will actually be returned? What kind of royalty rate will she get? And how much of a hit will the publisher take when this book doesn't hit the NYT best-seller list?

I can't wait to see the results.

Jennifer Shirk said...

Oh brother. She's NOT an author she's a minor celebrity--and I doubt for long.
That kind of stuff totally makes me crazy when publishers hop on bandwagons like that just to sell some books.

JB Lynn said...

LOL -- Thanks for the laugh (it was either that or cry)