Wednesday, July 17, 2019

DISTRACTER THINGS

We writers always have distractions, don’t we?
Social media, chores, going down the rabbit hole of research...
Me?
The dark.
Why?
Locals around here say...
If the night jungle is quiet...
And not a sound can you hear...
Then the jaguars are roaming...
Looking for a meal.
But this also holds true...
For dark early mornings...
Which is when I like to write...
4:30 to be exact.
First thing when I wake up...
I let my dog out...
Sometimes the jungle is quiet...
Kinda eerie.
Praying, I go back inside to write...
I’m deep into my W.I.P when...
My dog starts barking...
Then other dogs in the area are barking...
I run out the door with a high-powered flashlight...
Searching to find what my dog could be barking at....
When suddenly my dog takes off like a bat out of hell!
It’s too dark to be the monkeys, or the iguanas, or ...
Could it be a...?  
  










Trust me...
It's very distracting ...
Wondering if my dog is becoming a jaguar's meal.
And you?
What distracts you when writing?

Always,
Em-Musing

P.S. Chai did come back, as always, but in the seven years living here two friend’s dogs weren't so lucky. 
-->













8 comments:

Sandi said...

Why do you let them out??

Karen Baldwin said...

To go to the bathroom. It would be cruel to keep my dog inside until the sun comes up. Also, iIt's mostly rare that the jaguars come around, yet one never knows.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I'd be scared just to open the door to let them out.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd never go outside if there were jaguars.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

That would definitely be a distraction for me as well! You must have small dogs. Unfortunately, they can't hold it as long as a large one. I have a Goldendoodle who can go from 8 p.m. until 8 or 9 a.m. I guess if he and I lived with jaguars roaming, I'd definitely wait until it was light!

Anne Gallagher said...

My dogs distract me all the time when I write. They're in and out all day long.

Satta King said...

Use a timer when doing your advantage. This will show you how efficiently you have left.For instance, if you can work for sixty minutes, time yourself for 15 minutes, go for a break, then set the timer again for another 15 minutes; do this until you have spent an hour on the task.
play bazaar
satta king

prince said...

Diversify your portfolio with some level of caution. Diversification can be a great thing, but excessive diversification opens you up to a lot of risk. satta king
play bazaar